We welcome submissions and consider everything that comes into the agency, provided it follows the guidelines set out below.
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please present all written components of the submission in a single 'Word' document, attached to an email containing your covering letter. Guidelines for the document are as follows:
- A repeat of the covering letter (no more than one page) with relevant introductory information. This might state what type of novel it is and characterize it in a succinct sentence or two.
- A CV including any published work. Please limit unrelated career history to a half-page at most.
- A mini-synopsis, aiming to emulate the style of blurbs on the jackets of published books; i.e. it should convey both the main ‘hooks’ or themes and the plot in 150-300 words.
- The first three chapters or approximately the first fifty pages to a natural break.
- Optional extra: summary of the plot & characters (a paragraph per chapter, amounting to 2 or 3 pages in total).
- Optional extra (most suitable for genre fiction): List three to five comparable successful novels already in the marketplace, explaining the comparison in a few sentences and saying what you believe makes yours distinctive within the group.
- A brief covering letter (no more than one page) with directly relevant introductory information only. This might state what type of book it is and characterize it in one succinct sentence.
- A CV including any published work and professional credentials relevant to the book. Please limit unrelated career history to ½ page at most.
- A mini-synopsis aiming to emulate the style of blurbs on the jackets of published books; i.e. it should convey both the main ‘hooks’ or themes and the plot in 150-300 words.
- A proposal of 5 to 20 pages expanding on the subject of the book.
- One sample chapter (optional but preferable).
- A list of the sources for the book if it is of a scholarly nature.
- Outlines of all chapters existing or planned for the book.
- Optional extra: list three to five comparable and recently successful books already in the marketplace, explaining the comparison in a few sentences and saying what you believe makes your distinctive within the group.
Please do not send a synopsis or other single component on its own to see if we are interested before sending more. Simply send all components set out above if you would like your proposal considered.
Due to the large number of submissions received every week by this agency our response time may be slower than we would like. If you have not heard from us within six weeks then please alert us. Please understand that we cannot provide feedback or advice if we are declining your work.
If you do send printed material to the agency, please be sure to include return postage. In any case please note that we will not accept responsibility for safe return of materials.